Star USA is a proud member of the CTPAT Program
Star USA’s operations have earned CTPAT certification from U.S. Customs & Border Protection. CTPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) is a joint government-business initiative to secure the supply chain against acts of terrorism that would be harmful to the people and business of the United States. Participants help ensure security in International processes.
CTPAT members' security programs are regularly reviewed by Customs to maintain their certification. Members who are in good standing are eligible for many benefits including reduced security exams on their cargo.
The benefits of participation in CTPAT include:
- Eligibility to participate in the Importer Self-Assessment Program (ISA) and removal from audit pools
- Participation in Customs' new Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)
- FAST program on the US/Canada and US/Mexico borders
- A reduced number of inspections (reduced border times)
- An assigned account manager
- Access to the CTPAT membership list
Members of CTPAT can avoid the possibility of:
- Greater scrutiny of cargo
- Added examinations
- Requests for information
- No guarantees for cargo processing times
- Increased reviews and audits
No matter the case, it is critical to have security procedures in place at the point of loading to inspect, properly seal, and maintain the integrity of truck trailers and shipping containers. More information on procedures for inspection prior to loading trailers and containers can be found at:
The seals on trailers and containers must meet or exceed current ISO PAS 17712 standards for high security seals. Procedures must in place to report compromised seals, or to account for seals that necessitate removal and replacement with a new seal in transit. Additional information on seals can be found at:
For more Information on CTPAT, please visit CBP's website at:
Want to become a member of CTPAT?
Fill out the form below to obtain additional information about how Star USA can help your company achieve CTPAT Certification.